WBO was founded over 20 years ago in Ann Arbor by Nancy Ray and Ann Carbone as an informal support and networking group. In 1995, the members formally organized and elected their first board and president, Wendy Evertt.
Twenty one years later, WBO is still going strong. Our mission is to offer support to our members through educational programs geared toward the small business owners, networking events, and referrals.
Benefits of membership in
Women Business Owners of Southeastern Michigan
WBO is one of the best valued women’s networking and small business groups you will find. 100% of the budget goes directly back to our membership in programming and events. There are no weekly or monthly attendance requirements and dues are low. Benefits include:
- An Online profile that works 24/7 to help your business get noticed
- Website Links to enhance your page rank and google search results.
- Monthly meetings that include a light dinner and educational topic or networking program to support your small business, $15 for members, $25 for guests
- Discounts on WBO special event tickets
- Listing of your business related events on the WBO Calendar
- Post events and news on WBO’s Facebook page
- Special offers and discounts from your fellow WBO members
- Opportunity to develop organizational, leadership, speaking and networking skills in a friendly setting
- A community of like-minded entrepreneurs
- New and lasting friendships
2018 WBO Board Members
- Karen Gordon, Go Where Meetings Matter
- President Elect, Membership and Programming Coordinator
- Cynthia D’Amour, email@example.com
- Past President
- Liz Cezat, Cezat Creative Resources, Inc.
- Martha King
- Secretary and Communications Coordinator
- Mary Bortmas, Uphotos
- Website Coordinator
- Hillary Handwerger, TLCI Website Solutions
2017 Board meeting for dinner off-site. Liz Cezat, Beth Ann Knisely, Hillary Handwerger, Corrine Widmayer; members Martha King and Karen Gordon not present.